Sunday 1 April 2018

April Something Old Something New Recipe Challenge




Hello again Krafters and Happy Easter!


Wow! What a fabulous response to our March Fussy Sketch challenge!
Winners will be announced soon :) 

We have something a little different again to challenge you
for the April challenge.

It is a RECIPE challenge with only FOUR ingredients.
You can interpret the recipe as you like.. but let us know HOW you've used the ingredients.





graphic created by Amanda Hall 

criteria: KRAFT + Follow the recipe to cook up a fantastic K+ creation. 


Rummage through your scrapping stash or your photos and use
SOMETHING OLD on your creation.

Use a SOMETHING NEW on your creation, for example..

A new product? A new technique? A new baby photo?


Use SOMETHING BORROWED on your layout.

This proved to be trickiest ingredient for the DT
How about borrowing a technique?
Borrowing a friends stencil?
Borrowing something from the kitchen or shed?
Borrowing your Mum's sewing machine?

Use SOMETHING BLUE on your creation..

Well, that one is self explanatory ;)


The DT  and  Guest DT have come up with some brilliant ideas for their recipe ingredients to help get you started. 
We hope you join in on the fun.


We welcome all kinds of craft as entries for our challenges, from traditional layout, cards, digital layouts, art journaling and tags etc. but please remember that it is all about the Kraft!!
Your work MUST be on a KRAFT BACKGROUND (not merely mounted on Kraft) to be eligible.

**Please take the time to read the RULES before submitting your entry**
and upload your entry via the inlinkz section in our side bar.
 

(Due date: Midnight April 30th)



KRAFT PLUS DESIGN TEAM 




It is with great excitement that we welcome Lizzy Hill back to the K+ Design Team.
We have missed you and your bubbly personality Lizzy, not to mention your inspirations. :)


Old: vintage tag from antique stall, Tassy
New: new sewing machine- 1st time I’ve used it!
Borrowed: Sketch from “Stuck!” Sketches
Blue: Tissue paper.






Something old: haha loads of old stuff here,
the background is an oldie that I probably started about a year ago.
Something new...that would be the little rose bud & rose flower.
Something borrowed: the photo is one of Lou's & the tissue paper is a technique of Lou's too.
LOL, not sure if that is borrowing or just pinching
Something blue; blue spray, paper & glitter.




I dithered around for a while, trying to avoid the obvious wedding photos. When I came across this old photo of my Father building a round haystack more than 50 years ago, I knew it was time to record this lost art. So the photo and the haystack building is the something old,
something new is me trying to paint with my newish Distress Oxides paints,
Something borrowed, is the sketch from the super talented Laura Whitaker from Stuck?! Sketches! and something blue, the blue clouds in our Aussie sky.





 

My card design was inspired by Amanda's  beautiful challenge graphic.
Something old- everything is form my stash
Something new- the card I have made
Something Borrowed- my Mums Circuit to cut the leaves, the hidden hexagons and little cup /saucer
Something Blue- I inked the chipboard with blue inks, blue Maja Design Paper, blue flowers and blooms.







Soooooo not my normal MO but was away on retreat and only took stuff to make cards, started mucking about with distress oxides and a new die I had from a kit (which I thought I'd never in a million years use :)
Something old, the star dies I've had for years.
Something new, Distress Oxides and cloud die.
Something borrowed, was at retreat and borrowed the Big Shot to do my die cutting.
Something blue, the ink that was used in my clouds and the cutie patootie Tanner is all dressed in blue





Such an awesome challenge and really made me think about what supplies I was going to use.
Something old = Melissa frances white resin flower
Something new = Carpe Diem roller stamp (so happy)
Something borrowed = a light blue gel pen borrowed from my daughter to add my journalling
Something blue = papers and chipboard embellishments from Cocoa Vanilla Studios as well as a tiny rose flower.








Something old - this photo of my Mum taken about 80 years ago,
something new - these new Kaisercraft papers new in December,
something borrowed - the stamping on the back ground was created by the potato masher I 'borrowed' from the kitchen,
and something blue- the papers... tfl!!









Something new - new flower stamp from Paper Artsy,
Something blue - paint and scribble sticks and blue staz on ink pad,
something borrowed, script stamp and stencil from a friend at a retreat,
something old - kraft washi tape and ghost acrylic alphas
:-) had fun with this one




 

something old - the photo, of me!
something new - the lemur, I am trying to start a trend 😂
something borrowed - technique, hand stitching borrowed from our lovely Anne Patterson
something blue - pops of blue paper and ink




Something old - dandelion diecut is from an old book (The Great Gatsby)
Something new - I used Flutterby designs We run the World kit
Something borrowed - I ‘borrowed’ the use of the big shot at Scrap 2 relax at our monthly crop night
Something blue - I used Dylusions after midnight paint on my background



 

Something old: old wedding photos, old blue paper and old kraft buttons.
Something new: new Colour Blast Artist Inks to create the background and colour the heart, new Echo Park stickers.
Something borrowed: borrowed a friend's border punch.
Something blue: old blue paper and blue Charms Creations heart.






Old: Almost everything
New: The kraft paper - and the lemur!
Borrowed: My mum gave me a heap of cotton leftovers from her overlocker. They came to me in one big bunch of mixed cottons so I pulled appropriate colours out of it and added them to my page.
Blue: Papers, embellies and title.







Something old: the photo is an oldie. ??? 2006.
Something new: the fab red enamel dot embellishments.
Something borrowed: the technique of wire wrapping my layout background I first did in about 2006 also.
Something blue: the blue coloured mist on background.





Something Old-flower embellishments,
Something new- Kraft die cut flowers & the Photo taken recently,
Something borrowed- The hat & Instaframe props for the photo
& Something Blue- Blue paint, Blue Dylusions spray, papers & flowers


Hello everyone. I just loved this challenge - it was like taking a trip through memory lane and rediscovering all the bits and pieces I forgot I own.
Something old - the hat pin and beads I strung.
Something new - New lazer- cut images and flowers from 49AndMarket. Beautiful new mixed media inks and glitter from 13arts
Something borrowed - the resin embellishments and card design I used on a previous project.

Something blue - The card backing and flower at the bottom.

Kraft Plus Guest Designer




Each month we invite a KRAFT PLUS member
to play along with us and our challenges.
 We are very excited to have the lovely and talented

Karen Brierley

join us as our K+Guest Designer for April 








Something old - I used corrugated cardboard from a packing box as my base, with old flowers and chippies from my stash.

Something new - I cracked open a new jar of gesso for this layout, and a new pack of rhinestones to add a touch of bling.

Something borrowed - I "borrowed" some denim offcuts from my habby stash.

Something blue - Lots of blue! It's one of my favourite colours.













International Guest Designer
We are delighted to introduce our
International Guest Designer for the month of April
Please welcome the super talented



France Ringuette 






 






Something Old: The picture of the Tulum Ruins in Mexico (and many many ornaments LOL)Something New: White flowers
Something Borrowed: My friend Ani's gorgeous mandala die to make the die-cut
Something Blue: Paper, butterfly, flair and heart.















Each month we will have a Guest Designer
from each of our sponsors to play along with our challenges.
Which means even MORE wonderful creations to inspire us all.

*Please note: Unfortunately, due to high postage costs, prizes are for Australian residents only, but a Guest Design Spot will be offered to an international entrant each month, to be chosen by the K+ Design Team



Creative Kit Club







Uniquely Creative Kits are offering these two alphabet dies worth $18 each 
(winner to be chosen by DT) 







2 Crafty Chipboard is offering a $50 prize pack
(winner to be chosen by K+ DT)


Kareen Dion

 

something old : I used an old kraft paper for my background.
something new : I used my new chipboard from 2Crafty.
Something borrowed : I borrowed a lace doily.
Something blue : I used blue embossing powder on my chipboards, flowers and ink.



ScrapMatrix are offering 6 new Dina Wakley paints valued at $30 


Vicki Christensen


Vicki has very cleverly mentioned the ingredients in her journaling.
Something old is the dress.
Something new are the earrings and necklace
Something borrowed is the dress that  belonged to Vicki's mother
And something Blue is the dress itself.

So clever Vicki! 





COLOUR BLAST



Colour Blast are offering a $30 voucher to spend in their online store
(winner chosen by DT) 

Amy Churchward




Something old: I have used an old photo from an old music book
Something new: the #just sayin title
Something borrowed: a used library card
Something Blue: Flowers 

Colour Blast products used are :
Deep Blue shimmer spray, Black gesso,
Chipboard heat embossed with Leather, Sienna and Bling, all from ColourBlast 






IT'S AND BITS CRAFT SUPPLIES 



It's and Bits Craft Supplies are offering a $30 prize pack 
(winner to be chosen by DT) 
Merrilyn Jackson 




Something Old: Stencils and Stamps
Something New: Patterned paper and Kraft
Something Borrowed: Title from Memory Maze
Something Blue: Stamping




THE RESIN RAINBOW





The Resin Rainbow are offering a
$20 embellishment pack  

(Random Draw Prize) 




Something Old : Denim Flower at leaste ten years old from a kit seller that is no longer around "Polly's Kits" and the ampersand brad from Making Memories
Something New: The Resin Rainbow white and rust red chicken wire shapes which I  made on  Good Friday!
Something Borrowed : Camera washi from my daughter's stash 
Something Blue: Blue paper strips, Blue felt heart from Rainbow Splendour, Blue heart from Charms Creations and denim blue flower. 


And there is our challenge for you this month.
We hope you play along.

Have a wonderful Easter
and if travelling.. please stay safe. 


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous reveal. I love the variety of interpretations of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous challenge this year and wow!!! Loads of inspiration from all the designers... so looking forward to seeing what entries come in this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the invitation to be your International guest designer for April, it is an amazing challenge and I love the reveal from the team. Great work everyone !

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips